Bone, joint, muscle or nerve pain?
Longford Primary care Centre & Bell Green Health now has a First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP) who specialises in musculoskeletal conditions.
They will provide:
- Expert holistic assessment and explanation/diagnosis of your condition
- Expert advice you need to start tackling the problem
- Arrange a personalised exercise program, tailored to your needs
- Arrange any necessary investigations (e.g. blood tests, x-rays, scans)
- Arrange any necessary prescriptions or sick-notes associated with your condition
- Refer onto specialist services where necessary
FCP’s have specialist training and experience that enable them to triage all patients safely; they can screen for, and identify, signs of serious pathology or medical problems and will communicate with the medical team accordingly.
Appointment times are 15-20 minutes. We strongly recommend, if you meet the inclusion criteria, you discuss your problem with the FCP instead of the GP. Face to face appointments or a review with a doctor will always be given where necessary.
Inclusion criteria, regardless of how long the problem has persisted:
- Over 16 years of age
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bones e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal problems including neck, mid back and lower back pain
- Arm or leg pain, including nerve symptoms, like pins & needles or numbness
- Post orthopaedic surgery or fracture
Unfortunately we are unable to see pregnant patients, or do home visits. But for anything else, please ask at reception for more information!
About our FCP
Lauren Williams - MHCPC, MCSP, MMACP
Since qualifying as a physiotherapist in 2012, Lauren has gained substantial experience in many areas of healthcare. She has extensive local experience as a clinical specialist, in managing musculoskeletal conditions in both adults and children. She has worked closely with orthopaedic consultants in fracture and post-op clinics, and has varied experience in managing patients referred from consultant-led disciplines including rheumatology, neurology and oncology. As a junior physiotherapist, Lauren completed her rotations and has experience all areas of physiotherapy including; stroke medicine, ITU & surgery, trauma & orthopaedics, amputee rehabilitation, care of the elderly and mental health.
Lauren achieved a Master’s degree, with distinction, in 2017 which has enabled her to join the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP). This is a membership organisation of only 1,200 physiotherapists who, having passed stringent examinations, have reached a recognised standard of excellence in musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
Lauren is focused on providing our patient population with the best possible advice about managing their MSK condition, and she will do her best to understand how the problem impacts on your life, working with you to make the decisions about your care.
Professional registration information: