General Data Protection Register (GDPR)
The EU GDPR will come into force on 25th May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA); the extant Data Protection Bill published in September 2017 is to be read in conjunction with the GDPR. The GDPR applies to all EU member states and Longford Primary Care Centre must be able to demonstrate compliance at all times. Understanding the requirements of the GDPR will ensure that personal data of both staff and patients is protected accordingly. As a result, we are publishing a new privacy notice to make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information. We will not be changing the way we use your personal information but the new notice will provide you with additional details such as:
- Your increased rights in relation to the information we hold about you
- How we keep your personal information secure
- The types of personal information we collect about you and how we collect and use it
- The legal grounds for how we use your information
We respect your privacy and we promise to do the following:
- Use your personal information only to provide you with the information you have requested or have agreed to receive
- Keep your data safe and secure and process it in a manner that follows your wishes
- Assist you to change your mind at any time about the communications you have signed up to receive
- Our Privacy Policies can all be found here
Personal information this website collects
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- Name and title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to the information you voluntarily give us. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. If we do not hear otherwise from you, we will assume that the information you provide to us is accurate and up-to-date and we will continue to use the information to send you any communications you have requested.
- This website is hosted by MarikaTech
- This website does not accept or host any advertising
- This is a non-commercial website and receives no external source of funding from any organisation
- This website does not collect or process personal data
- This website uses Google Analytics
- All links from this website are provided for information and convenience only
You have the right to:
- have access to the personal information we hold about you;
- have rectified any incomplete, inaccurate out-of-date personal information that we hold about you;
- have personal information we hold about you erased from our systems;
- have the processing of your personal information restricted; and
- receive the personal information we hold about you transmitted to another party.
Please note that these rights may only apply in certain circumstances. If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you at any time. You also have the right to ask us to update or correct any incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date personal information that we hold about you free of charge.
Before we are able to provide you with, or to correct, any personal information we hold about you, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information is contrary to applicable law please contact our Data Protection Officer as the address detailed below, however you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Longford Primary Care Centre.
Our registration number for the UK Data Protection Act 1998 is Z6633671
Operating office is:
Longford Primary Care Centre (Dr Princewill & Partners), Longford Road, Coventry, CV6 6DR.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on the 24th of May 2018.
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
If you have any concerns about about our information rights practices you may contact the Information Commissioner (ICO).
Information Commissioner’s Office
The details are publicly available from the Information Commissioner:
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)
or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number